Thursday, January 15, 2009

Personal Update

I thought I would post a real quick personal update here. As ya'll know I went on a job interview last week. I got the job. WooHoo!!! I'm now just waiting on all the paperwork to come back to HR so that I can get started with orientation, etc. They send out the paperwork for background and reference checks so it isn't something that happens right away. But hey, I'm just glad I got the job.

I also went to the college for orientation for the program I wanted to get into , General Ultrasound. Well, I don't think I'll be doing that this fall. And after talking to the instructor at the orientation I think the best thing for me to do since I already have a degree in Cardiovascular Ultrasound is to just audit a few of the classes for CVT and get into working in that field instead. Why? Because I will be working 7p-7a 3 -4 nights/week and the program classes run from 9a-4p M-F. There would be no time to sleep between classes and work and certainly no time to study. And I know from going through the heart US class that it is a very intense program and there's just no way to keep up with everything if there is no time to study.

So, I've scrapped the going back to college full time this fall idea. I will, however, take a few classes here and there as time permits.

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Woo woo!! Congrats on the job!!
Sounds like you are making the right decision about classes.

MY WEEKLY BLURB!!!

ON A NEW ADVENTURE!!!! I have been a nail technician for nearly 23 years. Been in and out of the industry all that time. I'm pleased to announce that I am BACK in the industry that I love with a passion. And not only that......I am back into manufacture of my own line of bath and body products. Back with Stampin' Up. And back with Herbalife. Check out my websites!!!!

Tickled Pink Salon - http://www.TickledPinkSalon.com

Tickled Pink Bath Boutique (selling out fast) at http://www.TickledPinkBath.com

My Herbalife pages:

My Stampin' Up Page: