Well I finally got a chance to play with my Slice machine today. While it does have it's little "issues" I have to say that I think I am going to go ahead and keep my little machine. MM people said they are working on the "issues" and will make sure I am taken care of when a solution has been found. Soooooo, I will just deal with the wonky cuts every now and then because I absolutely loved playing today. I picked up 2 more design cards today....Noteworthy and Basic Shapes 2. I haven't played with Basic Shapes 2 yet but am loving Noteworthy. I almost didn't get it but am so glad I did anyway.
Oh yeah, and my other purchase today was a little disappointing but actually made me space my spending a little. LOL I went to Michael's and they had the Cuttlebugs, Cuttlekids and all the accessories on SALE for 50% off today. So I was going to go ahead and get me one of those little Cuttlebugs but they were all out. :-( They DID give me a raincheck for one at the discounted rate and it will be in stock in 2 weeks. WooHoo!!! Kim was over today and I played with hers and decided this is a must have gadget for me. LOL
And here's the card that this post was originally supposed to be showing off. LOL
I made several of this card in different colors.
~Stamps - Elemental Doodles
~Plain Old CS in various colors
~Printed Paper - Making Memories
~Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (don't recall the name of this one)
~ Ink - Noir Palette (TAC)
~Embossing Powder - Transcendence (TAC)
~Coloring Medium - Twinkling H2O
~Foam Dots (TAC)
~Tiny Hole Punch
~Decorative Brads - Making Memories
1. Cut and fold CS to regular card size
2. Emboss front of CS
3. Cut shapes from printed paper using Slice Noteworthy Design Card (3 1/2" and 4")
4. Cut tag shape using Slice Noteworthy Design Card (2") on matching plain CS
5. Stamp and emboss Pear and Pear Leaves
6. Adhere 4" shape to front of card
7. Color Pear and Pear leaves with H2O's
8. Adhere 3 1/2" shape to center of 4" shape using foam dots.
9. Punch tiny hole in center of tag and add Decorative Brad
10. Ad ribbon to tag and adhere to bottom of card using foam dots