Sunday, January 25, 2009

ATC - Easter

Hey ya'll, I finally had a chance to play with one of our new stamp sets for ED. This is the ATC I worked on tonight. I am going to redo it though. I forgot to lighten my pencil oval outline so that it wouldn't show up. :-( So please overlook that. I just really wanted to get this ATC posted.

ATC - Easter
Supplies Used:
Stamps - Elemental Doodles
Printed Paper - Making Memories
Inks - Various Versamark and Palette Inks (TAC)
Miscellaneous - Crystal Glitter, Spiral Clip, Adhesive Dot Roller, Tombow Glue Pen (all from TAC).

Instructions:
Very easy card to do. This card is made using Elemental Stamping technique with Elemental Doodles' Easter stamp set.
  1. Cut printed background paper to 3.75X2.75" (yes, I know, this is a wee bit larger than a normal ATC but I cut the white part first and stamped without thinking about the size I needed for my printed background - if this bothers you then cut your Printed Background paper to 3.5X2.5 and your white CS to just 1/4" smaller).
  2. Cut White CS to 3.5X2.5".
  3. Ink the solid bunny with Pallete Noir ink and stamp center on the bottom of the "frame".
  4. Ink the bow stamp in a light color (I used a pale pink here) and stamp center top of the "frame".
  5. Repeat step 4 above using a darker shade of the same color leaving a little bit of the lighter color showing around the edges creating a shadow effect.
  6. Ink the open carrot orange and the greenery green (this is easy to do with clear stamps because you can actually see where you are inking). Stamp this carrot randomly around your "frame" turning the stamp periodically so it is facing different directions.
  7. Ink the solid carrot the same way as the open carrot and do the same thing.
  8. Ink the palm fronds with a light green and use as a filler between the carrots.
  9. Repeat step 8 with a darker green.
  10. Ink the swirly deco image with a metallic color (I used gold) and stamp randomly around the "frame".
  11. Ink the Bunny face image in Palette Noire and stamp in the center.
  12. Using a sponge and dark blue ink (or other dark color of your choice to complement printed paper and colors in your image) and sponge all around the edges of both White CS and Printed Paper.
  13. Using the glue pen, outline both papers and then dip into Crystal Glitter.
  14. Let glue dry.
  15. Apply adhesive to the back of the white CS and adhere to center of printed paper.
  16. Add Spiral Clip as a decoration to one of the sides.

7 comments:

Lisadwb said...

Girl, you are rockin' the ATCs!! Love the bunny!

Heather P. said...

This is SOOO cute!

Barb said...

Just adorable, Mel!! You've been busy :)

Bren said...

Cute, what does ATC mean.

So when is the design team announced.

Brenda

Karine said...

What a beautiful card, Melodie. Great job! Karine from SBS 27

Alley said...

The bunny is really cute...nice job

loretta said...

Very pretty ATC!

Thanks for putting my blog on your side bar!

MY WEEKLY BLURB!!!

ON A NEW ADVENTURE!!!! I have been a nail technician for nearly 23 years. Been in and out of the industry all that time. I'm pleased to announce that I am BACK in the industry that I love with a passion. And not only that......I am back into manufacture of my own line of bath and body products. Back with Stampin' Up. And back with Herbalife. Check out my websites!!!!

Tickled Pink Salon - http://www.TickledPinkSalon.com

Tickled Pink Bath Boutique (selling out fast) at http://www.TickledPinkBath.com

My Herbalife pages:

My Stampin' Up Page: