I posted this on my xanga blog but you have to be a member of xanga to post comments so I am moving my blog posts to blogspot. :-)
Ok, so I finally got these completed. Although I did not use any stamps in this project I think it turned out quite nice. The only thing left for me to do is address the envelopes. And I will most likely use stamps to decorate the envelope. I'll take a pic of that when it's done. But in the meantime here are the pictures of the announcement itself.
His school colors are black and orange. I used 8 1/2" X 11" black cardstock cut down to 7 1/2" squares. And then cut into "envelopes" using a template provided by a friend. Layered with orange cardstock and then with the insert that I printed out on glossy brochure paper. The insert that is by itself is there to show the backside. The blank section is the part that is glued to the orange layer. The orange tassel is made with embroidery floss and attached with a tiny brad.