Monday, July 14, 2008

NSR: Just something funny to share

Good Monday morning to everyone......

I certainly hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was wonderful. I didn't have much time online this weekend but that's ok....I had a great time with my family and some newfound friends.

I have a funny little story to tell all of you this morning....it happened in church yesterday.

My 16 year old son falls asleep anywhere that he may be sitting still for more than 5 minutes. It's just how he is. and this includes church. Yesterday's message was about expectations and we think and say things that we really shouldn't and how many times these things come to fruition (both good and bad). So we really need to keep our thoughts positive and our words positive and uplifting instead of negative and depressive.

Well, about midway through the service I looked over and my son was asleep with his head resting in his hand and his arm was resting on his leg. So his head was pretty close to the pew in front of us but not touching it. Well, I had already been poking him and trying to keep him awake so by this time I had given up. So I sat there thinking to myself "God, how funny it would be if Kevin just bumped his head on the pew in front of us"........less than 5 seconds later I look over at him and hear and see WHACK!!!!! Sure enough, he bumped his head on the pew in front of us.

So I am sitting there trying really hard not to laugh out loud where everyone can hear me. So instead I'm sitting there laughing quietly and trying to contain myself. I thought for sure I'd have to leave and go in the bathroom or outside just so as not to disturb anyone in the church. FINALLY, I was able to control myself. But I could not look at my son without laughing. And then I was thinking about what our Pastor was saying about our words and thoughts and it just made me laugh all over again.

Anyway, we were having lunch with our Pastor and his inlaws after church yesterday so I HAD to tell them what happened. He said he was a little relieved because he saw me sitting there laughing but he couldn't think of what he had said that was so funny.

So we teased with Kevin all that afternoon about how the Pastor needs to have a water gun at the pulpit so he can just squirt Kevin every time he falls asleep. How funny would that be????? LOL ROTF

Ok, so I just wanted to give you all a good laugh to start your week out just right.

No comments:

MY WEEKLY BLURB!!!

ON A NEW ADVENTURE!!!! I have been a nail technician for nearly 23 years. Been in and out of the industry all that time. I'm pleased to announce that I am BACK in the industry that I love with a passion. And not only that......I am back into manufacture of my own line of bath and body products. Back with Stampin' Up. And back with Herbalife. Check out my websites!!!!

Tickled Pink Salon - http://www.TickledPinkSalon.com

Tickled Pink Bath Boutique (selling out fast) at http://www.TickledPinkBath.com

My Herbalife pages:

My Stampin' Up Page: